Sucking it upTuesday, March 27, 2012
Posted by: Angie Smith

Well, it’s been awhile. Too long and I am sorry for not writing earlier. Since last talking with everyone we have had one NHRA race, one test session, and one MIRock Race. I can’t tell you that we have not been busy because I would be telling lies. Gainesville was good in some aspects and not so good in others. It was good to start the season back racing but not so good that I wasn’t racing. I had to “suck it up” and be a professional. Friday was pretty rough on me but after that it seemed like reality had set in and I was OK. Now, I am not saying I am happy about it by any means but it is just what I have to deal with right now. I was so happy to get back to the track and see everyone. I really miss my racing family during the winter months. I was glad to hang with the Gottsackers and Rays. They always are so awesome to be around. The stories are endless that go on in our pit area and Michael Ray and I should really start writing a book now highlighting this season.

During pre-season testing Michael and the wall got a little friendly. She smacked him around a little but he is getting better now. At the Gators we as a team had a little bit of bad luck with the bikes. It was just one of those things and hopefully they are out of here. I hate when stuff happens and there is no explanation for it. I guess “that’s racing” is what they say. Matt had an awesome staging battle with Hector Arana Sr. I will tell you I think my adrenaline was going as much as his. Things like that is what sell tickets in the stands. I loved it. Hector and Matt were very professional about the whole thing. I was glad no one was upset with the other. We lost in the semi’s to the Harleys. We got outrun a tenth. Now that’s big horsepower if you ask me. All in all our weekend turned out OK. There were several things I would have liked to change about it but we will be back in Houston in full force.

After completing the NHRA race on Monday we got home just in time to get Tyler’s new Pro Mod bike ready. He is a proud owner of the bagger Pro Mod that I built last year. We headed down to Rockingham on Saturday morning early. Qualifying started at 1pm. After third session of qualifying Tyler was fourth. We were so proud of him. Sometimes going from a slower bike to a faster bike is a complicated task. Well not for Tyler. He did such an awesome job. He was having great lights and running really well. He had Robby Hunnicutt first round and ending up losing to him but it was a great race. Tyler went his quickest ever pass on the Pro Mod bike. He went a 4.28. We are so proud of him. He did really well for only having 4 previous passes on the bike.

So we are heading to Houston in a couple of weeks. We are actually leaving a week early to attend the Gruene Harley Davidson/GottSpeed Racing party at the dealership on April 21. Going to be a lot of fun I am sure. If you’re in the area come by and see us.

The Houston NHRA race is the following weekend so once again we will get to spend some time at Gruene Harley Davidson and with all of our racing family in Texas. Our plans are to get some Wallys this year and I am hoping it starts in Houston.

Until next time…