Fans and racers are welcome to enjoy a special night for a special cause at the 28th annual DRAW Auction, Saturday, June 1, at 7 p.m. during the Toyota NHRA Summernationals at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown.
The live auction will be held inside Don Schumacher Racing’s U.S. Army/NAPA Club Nitro hospitality pavilion in the Pro pit area.
Defending NHRA Mello Yello Funny Car world champion Jack Beckman and Steve Libby of Ozark Modeling Group will be the auctioneers.
DRAW provides assistance to drivers and crewmembers injured in a drag racing accident at a racetrack.
Several of the biggest stars in the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series regularly attend the event, and bidding wars provide as much entertainment as their contributions provide help for fellow racers.
The list of auction items ranges from artwork to collectibles to racing parts and accessories.
The following is a partial list of items donated for the auction:
1. Kenny Youngblood "Champions Flight II" lithograph signed by Youngblood, Gary Scelzi, and Alan Johnson
2. Kenny Youngblood “In the Spotlight” lithograph signed by Youngblood and John Force
3. Kenny Youngblood “Proud to Be an American” lithograph signed by Mark Schlatter, Rick Stewart, "Big Daddy" Don Garlits, and Bob Glidden
4. Kenny Youngblood lithograph of Wally Parks with three Parks cards, including one signed by Parks
5. Kenny Youngblood lithograph of Don Prudhomme exhibit at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum presented by the Automobile Club of Southern California signed by Don Prudhomme
6. Jef Caudle “He’s Back” lithograph signed by "Big Daddy" Don Garlits
7. Jef Caudle “Big Daddy” lithograph signed by "Big Daddy" Don Garlits
8. David Carl Peters “Carved in Stone” lithograph signed by Kenny Bernstein and Dale Armstrong
9. David Carl Peters “A Championship Force” lithograph signed by John Force
10. David Carl Peters “First Christmas Tree” lithograph matted with cards signed by Buster Couch, Rick Stewart, and Mark Lyle
11. "Bird of Prey" lithograph by David Carl Peters signed by Peters and John Force
12. John Force Racing team collage consisting of Eric Medlen-signed handout and cards signed by John Force, Robert Hight, Ashley Force Hood, Courtney Force, Brittany Force, John Medlen, Bernie Fedderly, Austin Coil, and Jim Prock
13. Angelle Sampey 2001 Winston bike signed by Sampey and George Bryce
14. Tony Pedregon-autographed 2004 Santana Funny Car with 8x10 signed by Carlos Santana
15. Cruz Pedregon-autographed 2004 Santana Funny Car with 8x10 signed by Carlos Santana
16. Full-size black helmet with 31 gold signatures, including from "Big Daddy" Don Garlits, John Force, Tony Schumacher, and Larry Dixon. Complete list is with helmet
17. Superman helmet signed by 34 legends and current racers. Included are Big Daddy Don Garlits, John Force, Larry Dixon and Tony Schumacher. Complete list is with helmet
18. NHRA top 10 and legends collage: cards signed by the NHRA top 10 plus legends Wally Parks, Buster Couch, Steve Evans, and Bob Frey
19. Darrell Russell and Joe Amato signed and framed 8x10
20. Chris Karamesines retires to join "Big Daddy’s" Catering: April 1, 2010, NHRA.com spoof signed by "Big Daddy" and "the Greek"
21. Complete set of NHRA press pass cards (includes card signed by Eric Medlen, Scott Kalitta, as well as racers no longer on the national circuit, such as Bruce Allen, Frank Pedregon, Scott Weis, GT Tonglet)
22. Set of 100 signed driver, crew chief, team-owner cards, including many of the NHRA top 50, multiple champions, crew chiefs, announcers
23. Scott Kalitta collage: 8x10 signed by Kalitta and cards signed by Connie Kalitta, David Grubnic, Doug Kalitta, and Glenn Mikres
24. Tony Pedregon/John Force head-to-head race from the 2008 Winternationals, featuring a massive explosion of Pedregon’s car; signed by Force and Pedregon
25. Photo of Funny Cars from the fall 2009 Charlotte race, site of the historic four-wide exhibition, signed by John Force, Mike Neff, Tim Wilkerson, and Del Worsham
26. Photo of Top Fuelers from the fall 2009 Charlotte race, site of the historic four-wide exhibition, signed by Brandon Bernstein, Spencer Massey, Antron Brown, and Morgan Lucas
27. Jenkins Competition license plate signed by Bill “Grumpy” Jenkins. This is a very rare piece.
28. Weiand neon clock
29. Eliminator 2000 Super; Portatree Timing System
30. Chevrolet: 327-427 internal-balance, lightweight 168-tooth flexplate; serial no. A005185 49675
31. Special-edition leather-bound book and roadster model
32. One Pair of Goodyear drag slicks
For more information or to donate an item, contact Rosalee Noble, email@example.com or 217-345-6537.